Wednesday, June 30, 2010

You are sufficiently deficient in you’re deficiency

“Hence in doing these things we can never be correct, but must invariably be in error. We cannot do them well or not well-e.g. by committing adultery with the right woman at the right time, in the right way; on the contrary, it is true unconditionally that to do any of them is to be in error. [to think these admit of a mean], therefore, is like thinking that unjust or cowardly or intemperate action also admits of a mean, an excess and a deficiency, an excess of excess and a deficiency of deficiency.”
Ciulla, J. B. (2003). The Ethics of Leadership. Belmont: Wadsworth.
So that is an excerpt from my friend’s ethics text book (this friend to be henceforth known as Kiki). She is working on her MBA from Southern New Hampshire University. We have formulated a plan so we can go out and she gets her homework done. She drives, I read. It works very well for us until this book came along. That is just my favorite paragraph from the reading since well the concept of there being a right way to commit adultery is amusing to me because really how do you commit adultery wrong? It’s not a complicated subject matter… I am by no means condoning adultery I find the act just disgusting in its entirety but how do you do it wrong???
This book is so full of circle logic is has given me a strong desire to find the author and egg their house or bologna their car. For those of you who do not know this bologna when applied to a car and left in the sun will eat the paint away (muahahahahaha). I know we won’t do it cause well I have no idea where the author of this evil text lives and really I have very little desire to travel just to exact revenge on someone who uses mass quantities of circle logic and hence… I swear every other sentence in this text begins with the word Hence… so over used!
So off of the rant about the evil Ethics book… No mommy-ism or Munchkin-isms today :( I have decided though that I need to carry a small notebook with a pen for those Mommy and Munchkin-isms this way I don’t forget. I know there was one good one earlier today but of course I can’t remember it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment